Monday, August 25, 2008

FIRE!!!!!





So, I'm sitting in my room today, folding laundry when all of a sudden I look out the window to see a massive fire burning on the mountain behind us. All of a sudden the phone starts ringing off the hook....friends making sure that we are ok. There was a very scary period (as I watched just how fast the fire could envelope a full grown tree and take it down) where I thought "alright, what do I pack up and put in my car since my house very well may burn down this afternoon." Fortunately the wind is working in our favor and blowing to the north, out of the canyon. And, as for now, we don't seem to be in any immediate danger. The news is saying that the fire is 0% contained and there have now been 20 house evacuations and 100 acres burned. But, again, where we are seems to be JUST out of the danger zone. With that said...I still don't think I'll go to sleep tonight. Thanks for all the calls and for checking on us to make sure that we are ok.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh my gosh! Hello Fire! That is alittle to close for comfort. I hope all goes well and good luck trying to sleep, I wouldn't be.

Wanda said...

Noelle! Scary. Are you guys okay? I can't believe how close that is to your house. Any idea how it got started? Let me know if you guys need a place to stay. You're always welcome in Austin. Wish I was still down the street sometimes though. Then you really could move in with us, if you needed to get away from the fire. :)


On a separate note, I loved your pictures of all the fun of summer. Kids really make life fun, huh? Miss you! Keep us updated on the fire!