Tuesday, May 12, 2009

He may just be the next Motzart. Then again, maybe I'm just his mom!


Spencer has been hard at work for the past year with piano lessons. He has gotten so good and actually really enjoys it. We never really have to fight about practicing or going to lessons. He was the one that begged us for a year to start taking lessons. Now he seems to really enjoy it. He had his first recital last night. He was SO nervous before the recital. I told him to sit down and practice the song a couple times. He COULD NOT remember it or play it right. Well, like a pro, he pulled it out at the recital (must admit, we were a bit nervous). He did it perfectly! Gregg and I asked him if he was even nervous when he got up there because he didn't look it at all. He said, "I was a little nervous sitting there waiting for my turn. But then I got up there and thought.... well, I'm here. I guess I'll just play the piece". He's such a stud!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

He is so cute! What did he play?

One of the songs Drew had to play for his lessons was Snake Charmer, and it is totally the "There's a place in France...song" I made the mistake of singing it to him and he now cannot play it without laughing hysterically!

Laurie said...

I love it!!! of course what would one expect coming from the musically talented family you came from. We, on the other hand, will be lucky to hear chop sticks on the piano... :)

As for your 10 year anniversary, do Bora Bora. That's where we were supossed to go for this anniversary but Jack's buddy's b-day celebration changed all that. You can't go wrong with Hawaii though... :)

Candy said...

I am so proud of Spencer. Maybe we'll end up with ONE pianist in the family. You gotta love him

Annie said...

oh spencer sanderson!
i miss you guys too much!