Sunday, September 21, 2008

AHHH... Vacation!!











Oh ~ Mexico really is the perfect place to go for a relaxing vacation! Gregg and I just got back from 6 wonderful days in Cancun/Playa del Carmen with our friends Brandon and Monica. We had the greatest time!! We were able to relax by the pool and ocean, scuba dive (my very first ocean dive), go to the ruins at Tulum (while getting drenched in a downpour), play Canasta every night (card game that the GIRLS won), snorkel at Xel Ha, SLEEP, ride wave runners, shop, bargain, LAUGH, eat more chips and guacamole than I'd like to admit, and just plain old relax. It was sooooo great! Now we are home and getting back to reality and peeling (I swear I wore 30 spf the entire time). Thank you so much to everyone for helping with our kids while we were gone. A vacation (vacations are without kids, trips are with kids) really is needed more often than I'm taking them. Thank you Mexico!!!!!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm SO glad you guys had a break. Isn't it so fun to go with friends too?! Mexico is a great place to vacation, I agree. And you're right on -- vacations are without kids, trips are with. Well said. I think annual vacations should be an annual must, like christmas. :) Miss you guys!

Lisa said...

This looks like soooo much fun! I'm so glad things worked out so you could go and get away, you needed that so much! When I grow up, I want to be you ;)

Melissa and Jeff said...

How fun! You deserve it! Always good to get away and renew yourself.

janawoodbury said...

Noelle...wow! How fun and it is just gorgeous! I'm so proud of you and your first ocean dive! You and Gregg are so very cute together! I'm so very happy for you to have such a great time away!