Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ode to Joshua James....







My boy is 5!! What can I say about Josh? For those of you that know him well, know that he is a bundle of ....... EVERYTHING!!! I am crazy for this boy AND he can drive me crazy as well. I am so grateful for this boy in my life that really loves his mommy and daddy, adores his older brother and worships his little sister. There is joy bubbling over from every inch of him. And he has a twinkle in his eye to prove it. I cannot imagine life without all the laughter, noise, heart stopping "tricks", emergency room runs, dirt and happiness that Joshua provides. Joshua....You are pure joy and I am beyond grateful that you are mine!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!




Things we love about Josh ~




1. His eyes. They are bluer than blue and really do twinkle and sparkle.


2. He has the greatest laugh!


3. The fact that he told me the other day that he knew who the REAL super hero was. When I asked him who, he said, "Jesus".


4. Totally happy 98% of the time.


5. Even at 5 he totally knows who he is and really likes himself.


6. His unending energy (ok, I don't love this all the time but.....)


7. If lizard catching was an olympic sport, Josh would own the gold medal.


8. His love of adventure.


9. He really isn't scared of anything (except for when we ask him to go to the basement and clean up, he's all of a sudden scared of the dark).


10. The fact that he loves my singing. If I tell him there is no time for lullaby's one night he'll ask me to just "sing his name".


11. He's loves to cuddle.


12. No matter what I do to his hair it always looks BEYOND haggered by the end of the day.


13. He's completely oblivious to dirt on any part of his body or the amount in which it accumulates.


14. This morning, when opening our present (a VERY large box with a remote control car) he says, "Man, I hope this isn't a shirt".


15. He has a real and true love of life!!!




Here's to you Joshua and to all the love you bring to our lives. We love you big 5 year old boy!!!!!




ps. For those of you that don't know who this adorable 12 year old girl is in these pictures, she's out neighbor Hannah. Joshua has been IN LOVE with her for the past 2 years. She has come to his past two parties and Joshua is certain this is his soul mate. Hannah is so awesome to come to a birthday party with a bunch of 5 year olds. You rock Hannah!!!!

4 comments:

Kelly O. said...

Where does the time go? I still think of Josh as the mischievous three-year old who barely talks! And now he's five? Well, I kinda knew that because we actually were THERE for his real birthday... hahaha. LOVE the post and thanks for the thank you present!!

Lorie said...

Man! I hope it isn't a shirt! He is too funy!

Kerry said...

Give Josh the biggest hug from the Langstons because he brings a smile to my face whenever I just think of his name. We love you tons and can't wait to see you over thanksgiving!!

Melissa and Jeff said...

Happy Birthday Josh! What a doll, and I LOVE that he has a crush on a 12 year old gal! Like I always say, it takes a confidant man to love an older woman. He's on his way, baby!